National Nurses Week
Every year, we recognize the excellent work conducted by our nurses across the nation with National Nurses Week, running this year from May 6-12. Stone County Rehabilitation and Nursing Center has the utmost appreciation for the clinical excellence and compassionate service our nurses provide on a daily basis.
For National Nurses Week, we are asking for participation from everyone in giving thanks and recognition to our nurses. Please head to our Facebook page and leave a comment on our post sharing this blog with a message, photo or video thanking a nurse or nurses.
We’d like to take the time to point out just a handful of the many responsibilities that our nurses have at Stone County:
- Focusing not only on the physical ailments associated with aging, but also on mental impairments such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Monitoring patients’ conditions and assessing their vital signs, noting any physical or mental decline and reporting back to doctors.
- Administering medications and other treatments to help patients manage common age-related conditions such as incontinence, sleep disturbances or loss of mobility.
- Promoting patients’ independence.
- Resolving patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Enduring both physical and emotional stress, especially when interacting with patients who have severe cognitive decline and may be angry or fearful of treatment.
- Providing emotional support to patients and their families, offering comfort and reassurance during difficult times.
Not everyone working at Stone County can do every job, except for our nurses! Thank you all for your compassion, clinical excellence and education, today and every day!
Wear Blue For National Colorectal Cancer Awareness MonthFebruary 2024 | Awareness Day
In honor of National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, Leakesville Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is helping you and your loved ones…
Heart Failure Awareness WeekFebruary 2024 | Awareness Day
Heart Failure Awareness Week is an important time to shed light on the prevalence of heart failure, its risk factors…
Take Heart with Proper NutritionFebruary 2024 | Article
February is American Heart Health Month. One of the easiest ways to help keep your heart in prime condition is…