September is Healthy Aging Month
This is the month to celebrate life and turn over a new leaf because September is Healthy Aging Month. We’re dedicating the month of September to helping everyone gain a positive outlook about growing older.
September is the perfect time for Healthy Aging Month as we all look for what to do next after our fun summers. Whether making healthy diet choices or picking up new activities, now is the time to get started on better health practices.
Here are 5 tips to follow during Healthy Aging Month:
- Be Positive – Take a positive attitude into all of your conversations and actions throughout the day. Whenever you feel negative comments or thoughts creep into your head, quickly changed the subject to something more positive. (The local news channel or political radio may not be the best choice anymore)
- Smile More – One way to be positive is to smile more. Research shows people who smile more often are happier. When others around you see your happiness, the smiles will start to spread around you.
- Let’s Dance – Did you know that older adults who engage in physical activity are 60% less likely to get dementia? The next time your favorite song comes on, shake a leg and enjoy yourself.
- Go For A Walk – Another option for physical activity is going for a walk. Your walks can also turn into conversations with others walking. Set a goal to be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Eat Fresh – Mix in more fruits and veggies into your diet. A well-balanced diet can help you stay energized and get the nutrients you need.
National Diabetes Week & What You Need to KnowMay 2023 | General
Every 23 seconds, someone in the U.S. is diagnosed with diabetes. Those living with diabetes face many obstacles in their…
June is Cataract Awareness MonthMay 2023 | From our Desks
There are so many fascinating facts about the eyes. Our eyes are our second most complex organ, after the brain.…
Understanding the Types Care at Stone County Rehabilitation & Nursing CenterMay 2023 | General
At Stone County Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, we are committed to helping our patients achieve their healthcare goals during their…